Monday, April 11, 2011

Hang on to your hats, it's going to be a bumpy ride...

Often late, I am cementing that reputation and two and a half weeks before Easter I am starting my Lenten sacrifice. What is it you ask? To give up all the negative talk in my life. All the blah blah blaahing about who did what and how mean or mannerless it was. From the mundane and meaningless to the things that matter most. I am thinking that this may stick awhile. I am thinking, hoping, that it will be the experiment, meditation, and journey of my life. I am excited to see where it all lands and the dust settles. Should be fun.

5 comments:

  1. Great idea Andrea! I "purged" a bit myself this year...must be something about turning 40 that inspires us to review what is really important, or in my case rather, WHO is important and let those who don't add positivity, go.... A little sad to distance myself from a friend of 5 years, but it was necessary and certainly a joy not to have all that negative energy in my life anymore! Good luck on your journey, should be fun!! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully written as always. Wishing you the best success :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not an easy task, Miss Oakley; keep us up to date. I continue to work towards similar in every day...share your experiences on smoothing out those bumps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LENT=Let's End Negative Thinking (thanks, Beth Griffin!). Good luck, Andrea - it's a tough challenge but I bet you'll be pretty good at it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all-peaches you are! :-)

    ReplyDelete