Friday, April 15, 2011

A little bit of sunshine is a good thing

Warmth does a lot of things. Heal. Connect. Open. When feeling shut off from connection in our lives we tend to isolate, hunker down-- ala' December in full tilt. I am so grateful for the people in my life that bring out my inner Spring. The ones who make me laugh/heal/connect/open. One way to banish the blaah blahh's of negativity is to seek out those who get us, complete us and make us giggle like a five year old.

Annie had that with Frank, of that I am convinced. He got her. I find it amazing that this man, an immigrant to this country coming from such a different place could not only love Annie, but get her. Picturing how he must have looked at her, full of love and pride, gladness and grace makes me happy. How she, like a lost traveler found her way to him and stayed. What an incredible example of what the human heart is capable of. I think she felt safe with him. And unlike the fairy tale where the prince rescues the maiden she did the unlikely thing;

She rescued him right back.

2 comments: